Hey! My name is Evan Valarik. Thanks for checkin out my blog!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYER AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE FINANCIALLY BASED ON FEELINGS OR OBLIGATION BUT GIVE ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU HEAR THE LORD TELLING YOU TO GIVE. AND PRAYER IS SO IMPORTANT! I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR PRAYERS!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

New Adventures from Cyprus!

Hey everyone!

     I first just want to say thank you for all of your support, whether you are praying for the 
work over here in Cyprus, or donating money to the work here or both, I really appreciate 
it!  Without your prayer and financial support, none of what I am doing would be possible. 
So thank you!

       To anyone who feels God leading to give to this ministry then you may do so by sending your checks (made out to Calvary Chapel Downeast, with Evan Valarik written in the memo) to the following address:
 
                                                     Calvary Chapel Downeast
                                                        513-1 Bar Harbor Rd.
                                                         Trenton, ME 04605

     I have only been in Paphos now for about 2 weeks, and God is already doing awesome    things here!  I have become a part of an awesome new group of Christian people and I 
really feel like I am already one of the family!  I was introduced to a really cool guy from 
Egypt last Tuesday, named Koko.  He and his family are Coptic Christians (See below for 
links explaining what a Coptic Christians are and what they believe?), he is 19 years old 
and he lives with his 4 younger siblings.  His father is still in Egypt working to help 
support the family here in Cyprus.  He is a really nice kid. We have hung out twice now, 
on Monday we took a walk down to the pier together. We got to talk about life and how he 
is doing, and also we talked for a good portion of time about the Lord and faith.  While we 
were walking, he received a call from one of his friends.  His friend wanted us to meet up 
with him so that we could all go to the mall and look for a phone for Koko's friend.  We 
eventually met up with his friends, they were Palestinian guys living in Cyprus.  So we got 
in their car and went to the mall.  After a bit of searching they could not find the phone 
they were looking for.  So we went to a coffee shop and sat a had a good conversation over 
a cup of coffee.  They spoke in Arabic about some business with a hotel they are 
managing, and then we just got to know each other.  It was a great time, getting to meet all 
of these really cool guys from the West Bank.  I hope we will meet up again soon. Please 
pray that God would use Koko and I to minister to them.

      There is a woman in the city here who is friends of Tim and Darlene (the pastor and his 
wife), she has a son who has been struggling with depression and feeling like he is truly appreciated, like many teens struggle with.  So Tim gave her my number and told her that if her son ever wants to talk to someone or to meet up and hang out with someone who can encourage her son, to call me and set something up.  So please pray that God would be moving in him, that he would call me and that God would use me to really pour into his life, and that he would repent and come to know and serve Jesus!

       I would also like to ask you all if you could please be praying for my visa.  It seems like 
obtaining a visa will be impossible, due to their checklist of requirements you need to 
even be able to be processed!  So pray that God will perform a miracle to keep me here! 
Here is a list of some of the things that I will need just in order to stay here beyond 3 
months:

- A copy of health insurance
- Multiple passport sized photos
- A valid passport
- A local (Cypriot) bank account with 850 Euros (in case of emergency)
- A bank statement from a local bank account, showing that I have enough money to support my self for 6 months. The bank statement they need, may need to show as much as 10,000 euros in the account.  Maybe not, but that wouldn't be unheard of.  I need a miracle!

      So please pray that God would provide for me, if staying here for more than three months is His will for my life.  If I can't get the things they are asking for then I will need to leave for three 
months.  So I am praying that God would show where He would have me go if this is the 
situation that I am faced with in May.  My options as of now are this:

- Go help at a Calvary in Israel
- Maybe go to the North half of Cyprus and help at a new church plant up there
- Go to the Bible school in Hungary and help out there

     The most practical option seems to be Israel.  It is the closest, and therefor the 
potentially cheapest of the options I have.  But ultimately God will have me wherever He 
wants me! Please be praying for this.

     There are a few other people that may be coming here to do mission work with me.  This would be awesome so that when I am gone if I will need to do that, then they will be able to work while I'm gone, then vice versa when they leave.  So pray God will send more help!


      Lastly, being that I am living in a place where many of my ministry possibilities are 
stretched out over a somewhat broad area, it would make things so much more 
convenient and efficient if God would provide me with a small form of transportation.  I 
have found  a few mopeds for sale around the city for around $550 - $600.  These are the 
cheapest forms of transportation that I have found.  Now what I need is for people to be 
seeking the Lord to see if He would have you help in funding me to be able to get moped. 
Being that I have my own daily agenda of ministry to different people I have no form of 
transportation to somewhat far away locations.  A moped would make doing what God has 
me here to do, much more efficient.  

      Thanks once again to everyone who is supporting the work that God is doing through me in different parts of the globe.  I appreciate your prayer and all financial support given to this ministry. God bless, and I hope you all are having a great day!

In Christ!
Evan
Info about Coptic Christians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_Orthodox_Church_of_Alexandria


































































No comments:

Post a Comment